My husband loves Chinese food, but can't tolerate the MSG, so he came up with this. Note: If you get the barbecued pork from a Chinese market, ask for "char siu."
- Bring 4 cups water to boil in pot.
- Stir in 2 cups rice and cover.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, dice barbecued pork and set aside.
- In a small skillet, scramble and fry eggs. Chop them up and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet at medium heat.
- Quickly fry cooked rice, then add pork, shrimp, eggs and soy sauce to mixture. Heat through.
- Serve with soy sauce.