Recipe by Salt Lake Meal Swapping
Found on www.copykat.com 6 Weight Watchers Points per serving. 43.8g to 1 Weight Watcher point.
Top Review by Jujubegirl
We really liked this. I made it vegetarian by using chicken-flavored vegetarian bouillon, and Morningstar chicken strips that had been steamed and chopped. I also left out the jalapeno and chili peppers, since my kids aren't into a lot of heat. Very simple recipe and very tasty.
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb great northern bean (soaked in water overnight)
- 2 medium Spanish onions, chopped
- 6 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded diced
- 2 diced chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon oregano, heeping
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer beans, half the onions, and half the garlic for 2 hours in the chicken stock or until the beans soften, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken and salsa.
- Sauté pepper, spices, and the remaining onions and garlic in the oil and add to the chili.
- Simmer for one more hour.
- Garnish with Sour cream or Monterey Jack Cheese.