Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an easy salad to make and very flavorful. Perfect way to use leftover chicken or pork.
- 1 lb soba noodles, cooked al dente (or spaghetti)
- 1 cup red bell pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas, julienned at an angle
- 1 cup water chestnut, sliced in bit size pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups bay shrimp, fullled cooked
- 1⁄2 lb stir-fried pork or 1⁄2 lb boneless chicken, fully cooked, diced
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon garlic and red chile paste (available in oriental section of most supermarkets, adjust to taste )
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in jar and shake.
- In large bowl, combine noodles, bell pepper, green onions, snow peas, water chestnuts, shrimp and pork or chicken.
- Add dressing and toss well.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top before serving.
Cut this in half and followed the instructions except for putting a little sugar in the dressing and adding some red onions in the salad...definately a keeper. I loved it and DH liked it and said to make it again! Made for Bargain Basement Special Event 2011 tag game.