Recipe by Linda Johansen
This was a hit when my kids were younger--I had forgotten about this recipe until now-thanks for reminding me-it's applesauce weather. (As much as it can be in Houston) Good luck-Linda Rosy Applesauce Makes 4 cups
- 3 lbs apples
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 cinnamon stick
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut unpeeled but cored apples into chunks, place in large sauce pan.
- Add 1/2 inch of water.
- Stir in sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Heat to boiling, reduce to low and simmer, covered, until apples soften (about 30 min.) Press through a fine sieve or the fine disc of a food mill.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.