Recipe by ChamoritaMomma
This recipe has been adapted to suit the tastes of my family.....I hope you try it and enjoy it as much as we do.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this a couple of days ago to go with some tilapia...delicious. I cut the recipe in half and used a spicy mustard and the lower amount of sugar. Definately one I will make again. Thank you for submitting.
- 2 lbs cabbage
- 4 carrots
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sugar, depending on taste
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cabbage in quarters and remove the core. Peel carrots and onion and cut into pieces that would fit through the feed tube of a food processor. Fit food processor with the large grater attachment and push cabbage, carrots, and onions through feed tube to grate; toss the vegetables together.
- In another medium bowl, prepare the dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise, mustard, cider vinegar, sugar, black pepper, and cayenne. Continue mixing this together until sugar is somewhat dissolved. Toss dressing into the cabbage mixture, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Dijon mustard can also be substituted for the yellow mustard.