Recipe by Sharon123
Another great way to use up that leftover turkey! Good stuff!
Top Review by duonyte
Apples and turkey go together so well. I made the salad and just threw it on top of some mixed greens - no alfalfa sprouts around. I had only dried rosemary, and I m sure the fresh would have been ever so much better. I think I will try some lovage with this, too. A little sharp counterpoint would work well with this.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves or 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked turkey, chopped in bite size pieces
- 1 large granny smith apples or 1 large red bartlett pear, cored and shredded
- 2 large lettuce leaves
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the mayonnaise, parsley, rosemary and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add turkey and apple or pear, toss gently.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- To serve, place lettuce leaves on individual serving plates.
- Top each with 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts.
- Spoon half of turkey mixture onto each plate, and place lemon wedges on the side to squeeze on if desired.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!