Recipe by Rita~
COMFORT FOOD! Instead of roasting the garlic you can boil along with the potatoes.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
These were delicious! We loved the taste of the roasted garlic in the potatoes. I did as another reviewer suggested and added fresh chopped rosemary to the potatoes in order to bring out the rosemary flavor. Definitely a keeper.
- 8 -16 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- pepper (lots of pepper!)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, some minced to toss in and garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place garlic in small ovenproof bowl, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for 30 minutes, or until very soft.
- Cool and peel the garlic, and reserve the oil.
- Boil potatoes and rosemary in a large pot of salted water until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup liquid.
- Discard the cooked rosmary.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl with milk, butter, garlic, and reserved olive oil.
- Mash to desired consistency, adding reserved cooking liquid as needed.
- Mix in 1/2 cup cheese.
- Season with minced fresh rosemary, salt and pepper all to taste.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary.