Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
COMFORT FOOD! Instead of roasting the garlic you can boil along with the potatoes.
Make and share this Rosemary , Roasted Garlic, Cheese, Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Place garlic in small ovenproof bowl, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for 30 minutes, or until very soft.
- Cool and peel the garlic, and reserve the oil.
- Boil potatoes and rosemary in a large pot of salted water until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup liquid.
- Discard the cooked rosmary.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl with milk, butter, garlic, and reserved olive oil.
- Mash to desired consistency, adding reserved cooking liquid as needed.
- Mix in 1/2 cup cheese.
- Season with minced fresh rosemary, salt and pepper all to taste.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary.
These were delicious! We loved the taste of the roasted garlic in the potatoes. I did as another reviewer suggested and added fresh chopped rosemary to the potatoes in order to bring out the rosemary flavor. Definitely a keeper.
yummy! i didn't have time to roast garlic so i threw some garlic cloves into a hot pan with some olive oil 'till it bowned up some then threw it in with the potatoes. can't wait to try it again with the roasted garlic.