Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a potatoe dish that some bar I used to go to years ago used to serve. I've added my own couple of things to make it more to my liking. They have a soft texture...almost like mashed potatoes but not quite there yet. Great side dish to go with a nice juicy steak!
- 4 potatoes (medium-large)
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 2 teaspoons season salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- clean potatoes.
- chop to desired size.
- put potatoes in pot of water and boil until semi-tender.
- drain potatoes.
- in sauce pan melt 2 tbsp butter.
- add onions and sauté.
- lower heat and add potatoes and 1 tbsp butter. Mix slowly until butter is melted.
- Add rosemary, garlic, season salt and 1 tbsp butter. Mix slowly until butter is melted.
- cook for about an additional 5 minutes.
- Notes: -Sometimes I add a chopped bell pepper to this recipe which I include in step six -I tend to use red potatoes but any kind can really be used.