Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
You have to be brave and try this! I included half an hour for freezing- that's about how long it takes my ice cream maker. I know it is weird, but it is really rich and yummy. It's great for a midday desert or after a heavy meal. I'm not totally sure on the amount it makes. I made it for christmas and made a syrup with brandy and fruit. Apricot preserves, oranges, and cranberry was really great. I also added some orange and cranberry juice to those. I didn't post those because my amounts were too iffy. Pleeeeeeeeease try it!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 8 -12 rosemary sprigs
- 4 large egg yolks (three works too)
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -3 drops green food coloring (optional)
- Put cream and half and half and rosemary in a saucepan.
- Heat until it begins to boil, take off the Heat and let sit for 15 minute.
- In the meantime wisk vanilla, sugar, honey, and sugar in a bowl.
- After the 15 minute add honey mixture back into the rosemary and cream.
- Heat on med-low heat until it reaches 165 degrees (add food dye if you wish).
- DO NOT LET IT EXCEDE 170 DEGREES OR EGGS WILL SCRAMBLE.
- Strain for rosmary sprigs.
- Chill before freezing in an ice cream maker.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.