Recipe by 3KillerBs
A beginner-easy recipe that tastes harder to make than it is. This is one of my fallback, "I don't know what to make for dinner tonight," standards and the family never gets tire of it. The meat just falls off the bones! Its also a flavorful way to prepare chicken for use in the hundreds of recipes that call for pre-cooked chicken. With a family of 6 including low-carbers and hungry teens I usually double it in my 6qt oval but I wrote it the way I learned it 20 years ago.
Top Review by SandwichQueen
We really enjoyed this. I just used some chicken drumsticks and chicken broth with the Tbsp. of white wine vinegar as listed. I only cooked 2 hours and they were perfectly done. Easy, quick dinner! Thanks!
- 1 roasting chicken (or the equivalent in your preferred chicken parts)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves or 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaf
- 1 garlic clove, slivered
- 1 cup white wine (or 1 cup chicken stock with 1 tbs wine vinegar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the chicken into your crock pot or dutch oven.
- Sprinkle with rosemary leaves and garlic slivers.
- Pour a little wine into the cavity and the rest into the bottom on the pot.
- Cook 6-8 hours in the crock pot on low or 3-4 hours at 300°F in the Dutch oven.
- Tip -- you may brown the chicken in olive oil first for a prettier bird, but since I remove the skin before serving I don't bother.