Recipe by Laura Leigh
A great, semi-elegant, inexpensive chicken dish. It smells great coming out of the oven! This was given to me by the Weldon Family.
Top Review by Tanya Pants
Great way to use up some rosemary if you have a lot in your garden. I only had 2 chicken breasts so kept it to 3 sprigs and only used 3/4 cups of water, but kept everything else the same and it was delicious. I didn't get any gravy either, but I did get a lot of really tasty extra breadcrumb mixture in the pan which would have been delicious over some broccoli...next time...
- 4 -6 skinless chicken breasts (bone in or boneless)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- garlic powder
- 3 -5 sprigs fresh rosemary (I use dry)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs, with parmesan flavor
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and pat dry chicken.
- Sprinkle liberally with salt, pepper, and garlic powder on both sides.
- In food processor, add bread crumbs and fresh rosemary.
- Strip leaves from stalk.
- Process until rosemary is finely chopped.
- With food processor running add vegetable oil until dry mixture is moist.
- Pat moist bread crumbs and rosemary mixture on both sides of chicken.
- Place chicken in oven safe casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour water between and around chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes to 1 hour at 350.