1/1 Photo of Rosemary Beef Stew
6 hrs 45 mins
The flavors are layered in this stew. It is not a quick recipe, but it is well worth the extra preparation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (32 ounce) can beef broth
- 1/2 cup flour
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs stew meat
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 lb baby portabella mushrooms
- 1/2 lb roma tomato
- 1 lb yukon gold potato
- 3 stalks celery
- 1/2 lb green beans
- 1/2 lb baby carrots
- 1/2 lb corn
- 1 cup red wine, divided
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1Chop the potatoes, celery, green beans and carrots into bite sized pieces. Place them in the pot.
- 2Boil the beef broth to reduce to half.
- 3While the broth is boiling, blanch the tomatoes in the broth. Peel and chop the tomatoes. Set in the pot.
- 4Coarsely chop the onion. Heat 1 tbs olive oil and 1 tbs butter in a heavy pan. Saute the onions until they are caramelized, place them in the pot. De-glaze the pan with some of the red wine and place in the pot.
- 5In the same pan, heat another 1 tbs butter and 1 tbs olive oil. Saute the corn to give it color. Place in the pot. De-glaze the pan with some of the red wine and place in the pot.
- 6In the same pan, heat another 1 tbs butter and 1 tbs olive oil. Saute the mushrooms to give them color. Place in the pot. De-glaze the pan with some of the red wine and place in the pot.
- 7Mix the flour with some salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Dredge the stew meat in the flour mixture to coat.
- 9Heat 1 tbs of olive oil in the heavy pan. In small batches, sear the stew meat on all sides. Place in the pot. De-glaze the pan with red wine and place in the pot.
- 10Pour and remaining wine and broth in the pot. Put the sprigs on the top and cover.
- 11Heat on low heat or in a crock pot for a few hours.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (633 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 672.6
- Calories from Fat 351
- Total Fat 39.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 92.7 mg
- Sodium 1340.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 31.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: