1/2 Photos of Rosemary and Gouda Buttermilk Biscuits
from food Republik blog
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2/3 cup buttermilk (you can make your own buttermilk by adding a tablespoon of lemon juice to 2/3 cup milk and letting i)
- 1/3 cup gouda cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary (double the amount if you use fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon milk, for brushing
- 1Preheat oven to 400 F (about 200 C).
- 2Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Add the butter and rub it into the flour using your fingertips, until the mixture becomes a fine crumble, like cornmeal.
- 3Crumble the rosemary needles in your hand and add them to the mixture.
- 4Add the cheese and toss to combine.
- 5Pour in the buttermilk and fold in gently with a spatula until mixture forms a sticky dough.
- 6Divide roughly into 8 and drop onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- 7Bake for about 12 minutes until golden on top or a toothpick comes out clean.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary and Gouda Buttermilk Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.8
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 20.1 mg
- Sodium 417.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: