Recipe by katew
From a Country Style magazine as yet untried by me.
Top Review by Pesto lover
This was a great dessert after a very spicy meal. This was creamy and delicious. I added a little more rose water, since we love the smell and taste. I omitted the cloves, since I don't like it much. I will certainly make this again. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT6.
- 1 liter milk
- 3⁄4 cup shortgrain rice
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon rose water (to taste)
- ground cloves, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine milk and sugar in medium saucepan, bring to boil.
- Add rice, reduce heat to lowest temperature, cover with tight lid.
- Cook rice for about an hour until almost milk absorbed.
- Stir rice several times during cooking to prevent sticking.
- When rice is ready, add egg yolks and rosewater, stir in well.
- Remove from heat , spoon into 4 serving dishes, dust with cloves.