1/1 Photo of Rose Petal Jam
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Puree rose petals, 3/4 cup water and lemon juice in blender until smooth.
- 2Slowly add sugar.
- 3Blend till all sugar has dissolved; (leave in blender) Stir 1 package pectin (ie. Sure Jell) into 3/4 cup water, bring to a boil, and boil hard for 1 minute. Pour mixture into blender with rose petal mixture until well blended.
- 4Do this very quickly - it sets up FAST!! Pour into baby food jars.
- 5Let set for 6 hours, till firm.
- 6Will keep one month in refrigerator.
- 7Freezes well.
- 8This next recipe was donated by Gina: Rose Hip Jelly 8 cups of rose hips 6 cups of water 1 box of certo 1/2 cup lemon juice 5 cups of sugar Boil the rose hips for 10 - 15 min.
- 9until soft enough to crush.
- 10Crush them and squeeze through cloth, to make juice. For every 4 cups of juice add one box of certo and bring to a boil.
- 11Add the 1/2 cup of lemon juice and 5 cups of sugar (1/2 tsp. of marg to prevent foam).
- 12Bring to a boil and boil hard for 2 min.
- 13Remove from heat and pour into sterilized jars and seal with caps and rings.
- 14The jelly has a wonderful flavor and is the consistency of liguid honey.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rose Petal Jam
Serving Size: 1 (954 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2108.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 116.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 548.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 500.2 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh rose petals