Recipe by Jenn1270
This is a great cheese ring...Very yummy and easy!
Top Review by jneen
I bought the cheese already shredded because I was having a party and lots of other cooking. The amount of mayo was fine for my ring mold. It was a hit at the party. I didn't put the onion in but I did add a little extra cayenne. Very good.
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) jar strawberry preserves
- cracker, of your choice (I like whole grain crackers)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cheese with mayo, chopped nuts and onions.
- Mix in black pepper and cayenne, and blend thoroughly.
- Press into a 3-cup ring mold.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- To serve, dip mold into a pan of hot water for 15-20 seconds before turning out onto a serving platter. Fill center with strawberry preserves. Serve with crackers of your choice.