Mac & Cheese Ring
photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
Mac and Cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, about 4 cups
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked al dente according to package instructions
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs, plus additional for coating
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 bunch chives, chopped
Mac ‘n’ Cheese:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 12 cup bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. Coat pan with bread crumbs as if flouring the pan.
- In a dutch oven melt butter over medium high heat. Once the butter has melted whisk in the flour to form a roux. Gradually whisk in milk until there are no lumps. Whisk in both cheeses.
- Once the mixture is smooth turn off the heat and stir in the cooked pasta and bacon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stirring quickly add the eggs being sure not to let them scramble.
- Spoon the mixture in the prepared bundt pan. Use a spatula to press the pasta down to create an even layer.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the top and bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes. Use a rubber spatula to loosen the sides of the pan before removing. Serve with cheese sauce and garnish with crumbled bacon and chives.
- Bring the half and half to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the cheese in small handfuls and whisk until smooth.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!