Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A Mr Food recipe
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup root beer
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the chicken pieces in the baking dish. Season with the salt and pepper. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken and the juices run clear.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes until reduced by half.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Coat the chicken with the sauce and grill for 5 minutes per side, basting frequently with the remaining sauce. Serve with the remaining sauce for dipping.
perfect chicken..my 10 year old daughter couldnt stop raving how good it was. very tender. will make again and again.. thanks for sharing looneytunesfan%u2665
Made this tonight....followed it to a "T" so yummy! Will be making this again. Who says, "ya can't cook"? I loved it and so did my family. Thank you ?