Prep 2 mins
Cook 25 mins
I know this sounds strage, but it's really good. The root beer is what sweetens it.
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (36 ounce) can baked beans
- 1⁄2 cup root beer (do NOT use diet)
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce (any type)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- fresh ground pepper
- Cook the bacon with the onion until the bacon is brown and crisp.
- Add the remaining ingredients and heat to a boil; turn down the heat and simmer, stirring often until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
This is yummy! It is especially good if you use Bush's Baked Beans and Barq's rootbeer. Great recipe!
So easy to make and I love the flavor the root beer adds to the baked beans. I liked also that these beans were not overly sweet, just nice rich flavor.
This was so good! This tasted like it had been baking in the oven and not just simmering on the stovetop. Easy and so flavorful. I had to use diet root beer (despite the warning not to), but it was a good quality brand and I felt it worked out perfect in this.