Yeah, I know this sounds really gross; that's what everyone says when they first hear the name...but they change their tune after eating it! If you have the grinder attachment for your Kitchen Aid stand mixer (and I do), this is really fast and easy to make. I usually get garlic bologna, just because it adds a little more flavor to the spread. **Please note it will take longer to make if you have a hand-crank style grinder.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb deli bologna (I usually get garlic bologna)
- 1 (2 ounce) package cheese, not shredded (you can use whatever you like, I usually get Colby Jack)
- 6 hardboiled egg, peeled
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup pickle relish (optional)
- Cut the bologna and cheese into large chunks.
- Using a meat grinder, grind the bologna, cheese, and eggs into a large bowl.
- Add Miracle Whip and pickle relish and stir until mixed well.
- Serve on crackers or make a sandwich with the spread.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I'm 62. It's been years and years since I've had this. Grew up with it like so many here already mentioned. I just happened to run across this recipe while browsing here. I went to the grocery store, got the ingrediants, then searched around in the basement for the old grinder that clamps to the counter. Now my five grandchildren, who all LOVED grandpa's (me) invention will undoubtedly be requesting it often. What ever goes around, comes around *smile*
I knew there had to be a recipe out there somewhere for this! My mother used to buy this when I was a child; the same grocer still sells it! The store is a little out of my way, so I only buy it on occasion. It's nice to be able to make it on instead of traveling to buy it. I loved it just as written. I think the next time, though, I will omit the eggs and add a tsp. of mustard. Thanks for the great recipe!!