Recipe by Sharon123
You are gonna love this! Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis from her show Everyday Italian, Episode: Dressing Up BBQ.
Top Review by JanuaryBride
LOVED THIS. So my neighbor sent me an email and asked me to make this recipe along with the other recipes on Giada's show that day. The orzo salad, this salad and the balsamic BBQ sauce were all FABULOUS. It was my first time using anchovies. . .so I just used anchovy paste and it worked perfectly. I would definitely make this again! Thanks for posting, Sharon!
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup pitted green olives, halved
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, halved
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3 anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb vine ripened tomatoes (about 3 tomatoes)
- 1⁄2 cup quartered marinated artichoke hearts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over low heat until thick, syrupy, and measuring 1/4 cup, about 20 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Combine the olives, parsley, anchovies, capers, garlic, basil, pepper, and olive oil in a small bowl and toss to combine.
- To serve, slice the tomatoes into 1/4" thick rounds and place, slightly overlapping, on a serving plate. Place artichoke hearts, if using, over top of tomatoes.
- Spoon the olive and parsley mixture over the tomatoes.
- Drizzle the reduced balsamic over the salad and serve. Enjoy!