Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Made up this Indian inspired salad for an Easter dinner. Intended to be served with my Creamy Curry Dressing.
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 1 large apple, seeded, cored and diced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and diced
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 3⁄4 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup whole roasted cashews
- Remove core from the romaine lettuce and cut the lettuce into thirds lengthwise then chop.
- Add the lettuce and remaining salad ingredients to a large salad bowl.
- Add the cashews to the salad just before serving. Toss.
- Serve with creamy curry dressing on the side.
- Ingredient amounts are estimated.
We had a lovely soup for dinner last night and this beautiful, delicious salad was an equal partner in every way. The colors are so pretty, I left the red skin on the apple, they just perk you when your sick of the deep winter snow (or any other time for that matter). Crisp and crunchy with the apple and nuts each bite is a treat. I'll surely be making this marvelous salad again as a summer meal. As to the dressing I have no idea where I might find hing so I'm glad that it was optional and I didn't have curry powder in the house so I subbed in Ras El Hanout and it worked quite well I thought.