Recipe by Lavender Lynn
My family loves this steak. It is festive and delicious. This recipe came out of a recipe book put together from Home Economic Teachers all over the U.S. called "Foreign Foods".
Top Review by lauralie41
A very tasty steak dish that is so tender! I didnt have three cans of tomato sauce so I used some beef broth that I had in the refrigerator. Also used turkey bacon instead of regular but think I would prefer regular bacon next time. DH loves a lot of sauce so this was perfect for him. Served over brown rice and added a tossed green salad. Made and reviewed for ZWT8 - 2012 The Fearless Red Dragons.
- 1 breakfast steak (cut into pieces about 2-inchx6-inch) or 1 any thin steak (cut into pieces about 2-inchx6-inch)
- 1⁄2 slice bacon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil (for frying)
- tomato sauce to cover roll
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay all thin steaks out flat on cookie sheets.
- Put 1/2 slice of bacon on each steak.
- Sprinkle parsley over each steak.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over each steak.
- Sprinkle chopped garlic over each steak.
- Roll steak up and fasten with toothpick so steak does not unroll.
- Brown outside of steak rolls in oil in 4 to 6 quart pan.
- After all steak rolls are browned, place back in pan.
- Cover with tomato sauce. (I usually cover the bottom of the pan with steak so I would use approximately two to three 8 ounce cans tomato sauce and a little water to make sure meat is completely covered.).
- Simmer for approximately 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Sauce will thicken quite a bit. Make sure steak doesn't start to stick to bottom of pan.