Recipe by peachez
This is the basic recipe for rolled deviled eggs, please adjust any seasonings that you prefer. This recipe is changeable to suit anyone's preference. As you can see I listed the eggs and bacon as precooked, this isn't included in the cook time. The cook time included is the chill time.
Top Review by Derf
These were very interesting, I scaled the recipe to half, even 3 eggs were probably more than we should have had for the two of us, a treat!!We choose as options, black olive, sweet gherkins, celery and didn't have any walnuts but had some peanuts i needed to use up. Served green grapes on the side. I did have a little trouble getting them to stay together, so I added a little more mayo and everything went well. Something different, thanks for sharing.
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 3 slices bacon, fried drained and crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- white pepper
- 3⁄4-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- black olives, chopped (optional)
- sweet gherkin, chopped (optional)
- pimiento, chopped (optional)
- walnuts, chopped (or any nut of your choosing) (optional)
- celery, chopped (optional)
- grapes, chopped (optional)
- apple, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a baking sheet lined with foil.
- In a bowl; combine the mix ingredients until creamy adjusting any amounts to your preference, taste then re season.
- Hand form in 1-inch balls.
- Roll formed balls into cheese, place on prepared baking pans.
- Cover pans with plastic wrap and refrigerate till chilled, about 2 hours.