Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
In answer to a query. Simple version of Rojak sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped hot chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon shrimp paste
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Place all the ingredients in a small saucepan and mix well, then cook over a low heat until the sugar dissolves and sauce becomes slightly thick.
- Then add to salad ingredients and mix well.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I have searched everywhere for my beloved pitas for rojak and popia. I cannot tell you how excited I am to be able to make some things I haven't eaten in years. DELICIOUS!!!