Pumpkin Gingerbread Pie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half or 1/2 cup light cream
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) package gingerbread mix
- whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate or an 8x8x2-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In small mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add egg.
- Beat lightly with a rotary beater or fork just until combined.
- Gradually stir in half-and-half, mix well.
- Prepare gingerbread mix according to package directions.
- Pour batter into prepared pie plate or dish.
- Lightly spoon pumpkin mixture over gingerbread batter; swirl gently using a table knife.
- Bake for 50 minutes for pie plate or 60 minutes for baking dish or until a pick inserted in gingerbread portion comes out clean.
- Cool slightly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!