1/14 Photos of Rockin' Salmon With Creamy Herb Sauce
This recipe went over big-time with guests that do not enjoy fish! The very finely minced red onions lend a slight crunch and the capers explode with each bite adding a salty balance to the sweet herby mustard sauce that covers the delicate fish. This recipe uses fresh dill. Quick enough for a weekday meal but delicious enough to serve company. Pair it with steamed vegetables or homemade coleslaw and a baked potato for a complete meal. This recipe was created for RSC #10. Good luck to all the entrants!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 lbs fresh salmon fillets
- 3/4 cup white wine (I used a Chenin Blanc~Chardonnay Blend)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely minced red onion
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons finely minced fresh dill
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 -3 tablespoons capers
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Place whole salmon fillet inside a 13X9 baking dish. Pour wine over salmon and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and finely minced onion.
- 3Bake for 15-20 minutes basting with wine every 5 minutes or so. Do not overcook the salmon.
- 4In a small sauce pan over very low heat combine sour cream, cream, Dijon mustard, honey, fresh dill and the juice of one lemon (about two tablespoons or so). Stir sauce until warmed.
- 5Remove salmon from oven. Place servings on plates, top with sauce and sprinkle with capers. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rockin' Salmon With Creamy Herb Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.6
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 109.2 mg
- Sodium 470.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 42.1 g