Recipe by mydesigirl
If you ever have a chance to order this from Hard Rock...do so! This makes a great appetizer or light lunch. If you used leftover grilled chicken it will cut down on the cooking time.
Top Review by Sherri35
These are fabulous! I had leftover chicken breast which I shredded and mixed in some Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce (I just eyeballed the amount, didn't make it really saucy - more on the dry side). Then as I layered the ingredients onto the tortilla shell I drizzled a bit more bbq sauce on before folding over the shell. What a delicious dinner these made. The taste of the pineapple with the bbq sauce is wonderful! Next time I think I'll add a little sauteed red onion too. I served these along with a fruit salad made up of strawberries and the rest of the can of crushed pineapple. Thanks for posting such a delicious recipe!
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 chicken breast, grilled and shredded
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄3 cup pineapple, crushed and drained well
- 1⁄3 cup bacon bits
- 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Take flour tortilla and sprinkle half of it with cheese and 1/4 of cooked chicken.
- Add bacon bits and a little bit of crushed pineapple if desired.
- Pour a little bit of BBQ sauce on top. Don't be too generous with the sauce or it will seep out of the quesadilla.
- Spray a sauce pan with cooking spray.
- Fold the tortilla in half and place in pan.
- It only takes a few short minutes to brown one side and then flip over to brown the other side.
- When done, cut into wedges and serve with added BBQ sauce if you like to dip.