1/1 Photo of Rob's Carrot Cake With Pineapple Walnuts and Raisins
My version is lower in fat and jam packed full of carrots, fruits and nuts. 1 slice is I'm sure at least 1 of your 5 a day if not 2. This cake is moist without being wet and I just love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 pineapple rings, cut into small chunks
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots (packed, approx 2 large carrots, be generous)
- 1/4 cup raisins or 1/4 cup sultana
- 1/2 grated lemon, rind of
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil (sunflower, vegetable or corn, NOT olive oil)
- 1/2 cup milk (just under)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
For the icing
- 1 orange, rind only, cut into strips
- 1Set the oven to 180C/350F and prepare 2 7inch round cake pans by covering the base with greaseproof paper lightly greasing on both sides.
- 2Sift dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Dry the pineapple between pieces of kitchen roll, and put along with the lemon rind, carrot and raisins into the large bowl with the dry ingredients coating everything evenly with the flour mixture (best to use your hands).
- 3Beat the eggs into the oil and milk and add the vanilla essence. Pour onto dry ingredients and mix lightly but thoroughly making sure all ingredients are incorporated.
- 4Divide evenly between cake pans and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick or skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- 5Leave to cool in the pan for 10mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 6Make the icing by beating together the cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Spread a very thin layer in the middle of the cake, and use the rest to ice the top.
- 7Put the orange rind in the middle of the cake as decoration.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rob's Carrot Cake With Pineapple Walnuts and Raisins
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.8
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 106.5 mg
- Sodium 475.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 46.3 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of