Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Vegetarian Times (February 2010).
- 2 cups white mushrooms
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (fresh or frozen)
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) package linguine (whole wheat or white)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, torn
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Toss together mushrooms, asparagus, onion, oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes in large roasting pan. Roast 20 minutes, or until mushrooms and onion begin to brown, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add tomatoes to pan, and roast 7 to 10 minutes more, or until tomatoes shrivel and soften. Transfer vegetables to bowl. Add wine to roasting pan, stirring to scrape off any stuck-on bits from bottom of pan. Place roasting pan on burner over medium heat, and simmer 2 to 3 minutes, or until wine has evaporated by half; or return roasting pan to oven 5 minutes, and let wine cook off.
- Meanwhile prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta, and reserve 1/2 cup cooking water. Stir reserved cooking water into reduced wine in roasting pan.
- Return pasta to pot. Add wine mixture and vegetables, and toss over medium-low heat until heated through. Season with Salt and Pepper. Stir in fresh basil, serve immediately.