- 3 lbs plum tomatoes (about 15)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425ºF. Cut each tomato in half lengthwise.
- Arrange in a shallow baking dish, cut-side down, with the garlic and crushed red pepper.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until the garlic is soft and the tomato skins pucker and brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Peel off the tomato skins and discard.
- Using the back of a fork, smash the garlic and break up the tomatoes in the baking pan.
- Blend in the olives, basil, vinegar, and salt.
- Serve over 1 pound of cooked pasta or with grilled fish or chicken.