1 hr 5 mins
From the Wholefoods.com website: "Sweet and savory, this casserole is perfect for simple entertaining. Roasting the yams brings out their inherent sweetness, while the marinated tempeh imparts a savory note of tamari, mirin, garlic, and onion. Dressed up with a bit of ginger and cinnamon, this dish will be a holiday sensation." I really liked this, I used 3 grain tempeh instead of soy and I used about 4 yams instead of 2 and I baked it for close to an hour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 8 ounces soy tempeh, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 medium yams, peeled (optional)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1Put tamari, mirin, granulated garlic, onion powder and sesame oil into a wide, shallow dish and stir to combine. Add tempeh, toss to coat all over, cover and set aside to let marinate for 30 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, toss yams with olive oil, ginger, cinnamon and 1 1/2 tablespoons of the marinade from the tempeh. Set the yams aside.
- 3Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 4Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add tempeh and cook, turning frequently, until browned on all sides, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- 5Toss tempeh with yams, then transfer to a 2-quart casserole dish.
- 6Cover and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until yams are tender. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Sweet Potatoes With Tempeh
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.6
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 59.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 21.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium tamari soy sauce