Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Make and share this Roasted Sweet Corn and Tomato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 cobs)
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes (abt 2 cups)
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, any color, diced
- 8 ounces roasted red peppers, drained
- 32 ounces chicken broth (4 cups)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- chopped herbs (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place corn, tomatoes, and garlic on a foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Gently toss with hands and then arrange in an even, flat layer. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tomatoes are crinkled and burst.
- While vegetables are roasting, heat a stock pot to medium high heat on stove top. Add remaining one teaspoon olive oil and diced onion. Saute about 5 minutes, or until tender. Add roasted bell peppers, chicken broth, smoked paprika and chipotle chili powder. Add a light sprinkling of kosher salt and black pepper (I add about 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few cracks of pepper at this point and then season to taste at the very end.).
- When corn and tomatoes are done roasting, add them to the pot*, making sure to scrape off all of the bits on the pan. (*If desired, reserve a couple spoonfuls of roasted corn for garnish.) Bring soup to a low simmer and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes. Use an immersion blender, or transfer soup to stand blender and puree until smooth. Taste, and add additional salt and pepper (and chipotle chili powder if you want a little more heat) to taste. Divide into bowls and garnish with a sprinkle of smoked paprika, a few corn kernels, and some chopped herbs if desired.