1/1 Photo of Roasted Smoky Turkey Legs
26 hrs 30 mins
My husband and I absolutely LOVE the smoked turkey legs that are available at the nearby theme parks. This is a close, smokeless, version of those turkey legs that hold a very special place in our hearts. The passive cooking time includes the brining time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the salt, brown sugar, liquid smoke and water together until all is dissolved and pour the briny mixture over the turkey legs.
- 2Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for 24-hours to 72-hours.
- 3Rinse the brine off the turkey, pat dry with paper towels and roast at 350°F for about 45 minutes.
- 4By this time, the turkey will almost be done, but the skin will still have a pale color, so I crank the oven up to 500°F and roast the legs/wings until they are a rich mahogany color, then I flip them over and roast the other side until it is also deep brown.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Smoky Turkey Legs
Serving Size: 1 (1016 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1216.8
- Calories from Fat 493
- Total Fat 54.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 579.3 mg
- Sodium 612.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 159.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Morton Tender Quick salt