Buffalo Cranberry Turkey Legs
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a couple sheets of foil, for easy clean up. Then place an oven-safe wire rack onto the baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together the turkey legs, olive oil, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning until evenly coated. Place the turkey legs onto the wire rack over the baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes, turning over halfway.
- In the meantime, place the cranberry sauce into a blender or food process with a splash of water and blend until smooth. Pour out into a medium saucepan, along with the buffalo sauce and honey. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the mixture has thickened and reduced by a third, about 15 minutes.
- After the turkey legs have cooked for 30 minutes, baste them with the cranberry buffalo sauce every 15 minutes, turning them over after each basting. Continue cooking and basting them for another hour and a half or until the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven and baste once more. Allow to rest for about 15 minutes before transferring to a plate or platter. Garnish with a sprinkling of blue cheese and fresh cranberries before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Jonathan Melendez is a passionate author, food photographer, cook, baker, and recipe developer whose blog, The Candid Appetite, has appeared prominently on such sites as, BonAppetite, People, Cosmopolitan, The Kitchn, Today, The Cooking Channel, Food52 and Joy the Baker. He has created and photographed recipes for Idaho Potato Commission, Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, American Butter Institute and Jones Dairy Farm, to name a few. He lives in Los Angeles, CA.