Easy Oven Roasted Barbecue Turkey Legs
A very easy and delicious turkey dish! I most always make this dish with recipe#186700 on the side, it goes so well together! You can also make this with chicken legs or pieces, just reduce the cooking time. This recipe can be doubled.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or white salt)
- black pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder, to taste
- 6 small turkey legs
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup favorite bottled barbecue sauce (or homemade)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 large onion, chopped (or sliced)
- 1 small chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crushed (or use 1 package chicken bouillon powder)
- Mix the flour with salt, pepper and chili powder.
- Dredge/coat the turkey legs with the flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown the turkey legs on all sides.
- Transfer the browned legs to a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the BBQ sauce, fresh garlic (if using), water, onion, green pepper and the bouillon cube; spoon over the turkey.
- Cover the pan with heavy foil.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Uncover; and bake for 1 hour, basting occasionally or until the turkey legs are tender.
- ***NOTE*** the ingredients for the sauce may be doubled if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 10 more