Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Healthy, pretty, easy and very good
- 1 lb large raw shrimp
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons garlic
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 12 -15 asparagus spears
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon flax seed oil
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Wash, devein shrimp.
- in ziplock bag put shrimp, wine, red pepper, black pepper, and mashed garlic.
- marinate in fridge for about an hour.
- heat water for pasta.
- cube yellow squash, chop asparagus into bite size pieces.
- In a baking pan mix vegetables and toss with olive oil and black pepper.
- take shrimp out of fridge.
- Heat oven to broil.
- Broil vegetables 5 minutes.
- take out of oven -- add shrimp to pan and broil for another 3 minutes.
- cook pasta.
- Mix pasta, vegetables & shrimp and toss with flaxseed oil and parmesan.
- Toss -- serve.
I love this recipe! I tried roasting the veggies at first, but they never cooked right, so the next time I made it, I just sauted the veggies and cooked the shrimp in a separate pan with the wine marinade. SO GOOD!