1/3 Photos of Roasted Sea Bream With Herbs
2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Orata arrosto alle erbe is one of my favorites fish recipes. The sea bream, marinated with herbs and then roasted and baked, reveals some of the most exiting flavors. The white flesh of the fish is still firm, but it will melt in your mouth. Serve this typical mediterranean fish with white bread or rice and with a green salad. A glas of white wine will complete this delicious and easy to make recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59-680.38 g sea bream, gut and scales removed
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 5-10 black peppercorns
- 5 sage leaves
- 8 sprig fresh thyme (about 3-5 inches)
- 8 sprig fresh marjoram (about 3-5 inches)
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
- 28.39-59.14 ml dry white wine
- 28.34 g butter
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- 1Prepare and clean fish. Wash and pat dry. Remove pectoral and ventral fins.
- 2Brush fish from all sides with olive oil. You may need about 3 tablespoons oil, but it can be more depending on size of fish. Put fish in a suited oven proofed dish (it should not be too large).
- 3Chop parsley (set about 1/2 tablespoon aside for topping), thyme and majoran. Pick sage leaves to pieces. Sprinkle herbs over the fish. Add bay leaf, black pepper seeds and cloves.
- 4Cover and marinade in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. I suggest to marinate for at least 2 hours, so that this can be done in advance. Turn fish once during this time.
- 5Preheat oven (390 F, 200 C).
- 6Take fish fish from marinade and remove as much of the herbs as possible. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Turn fish over in flour. It should only be slightly covered with flour.
- 8In a large skillet heat a little olive oil. Roast fish from both sides on medium to medium high heat until golden brown.
- 9Put fish and remaining oil in the oven proofed dish with herbs. Add about 1/8 to 1/4 cup wine. The ground of the dish should just be covered. Distribute butter in small pieces over the fish.
- 10Bake in oven for about 20 minutes. Fish is done when the dorsal fin can easily be removed. During baking sprinkle fish from time to time with sauce.
- 11Remove fish carefully from dish and place it on a serving plate.
- 12Remove as much herbs as possible from sauce. Add Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice to taste.
- 13Sprinkle some sauce and remaining parsley over the fish and serve the remaining sauce separetly.
- 14NOTE: If you like you can increase the amount of herbs in the recipe. The more wine you use the less lemon juice is required.
- 15NOTE: Use a dry white wine and serve the wine with the fish.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Sea Bream With Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.6
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.4 mg
- Sodium 126.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: