Masterful Matt's Note:
This is a fantastic winter soup, as pret say it's"been described as a vegetarian roast dinner in a bowl." As with most recipes use this as a guide and throw in any root veg you have lying around, the potatoes thicken it so make sure you keep those. If you use a sprig of fresh rosemary discard it before blitzing with the blender. With a lots of soups I like some fresy crusty bread, but with this one there is no real need, as it's nice and filling. Thanks to Pret for the recipe Will serve 4 as a starter, 2-3 as a main meal
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 medium celeriac, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 medium swede, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 slice butter
- 900 ml vegetable stock (Marigold vegetable bouillon)
- sea salt
- coarse-ground black pepper
- 1 pinch dried rosemary or 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 pinch dried sage
- 2 bay leaves
- 1Heat the oven to gas mark 7/220ºC/425ºF.
- 2Place the parsnip, celeriac, swede and half the chopped carrot on a roasting tray and mix it with the olive oil.
- 3Roast for about 15-20 minutes until brown.
- 4In a large saucepan, gently fry the onion, celery and the rest of the carrots in the butter until soft (around 10 minutes).
- 5Add the vegetable stock, potato, bay leaves, sage and rosemary and simmer for 20 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- 6Remove the bay leaves and blend until smooth.
- 7Stir in the roasted root vegetables and season with the salt and pepper.
- 8Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Root Vegetable Soup (Pret-A-Manger)
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.2
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 170.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: