Curried Cream of Root Vegetable Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a recipe I recieved from a friend some time ago. It has been a hit at a number of dinner functions. It is the ideal soup for a cool fall day or a cold winter day!
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 carrots, peeled and cubed
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup turnip, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup light cream or 1 cup condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, chopped (optional)
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add apples, onion, garlic, ginger root, curry, cumin, ground corriander, thyme and cayenne. Cook until softened.
- Add root vegetables and stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes. Puree soup in batches. Add cream and heat through but DO NOT BOIL.
- Sprinkle with fresh corriander.
- NOTE: you can create your own combination of root vegetables. Total amount of diced vegetables should total about 4 cups or 1 litre.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION