Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Roasting the vegetables beforehand gives this soup such a delicious flavour. This takes very little work to make, and is lovely served with fresh bread.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6.
- Prepare the vegetables as above and put them in a roasting tin. Add the rosemary and sprinkle dried herbs over.
- Roast for 50 minutes until tender. Turn them occasionally to ensure even cooking. Remove from the oven and put in a saucepan with the stock.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour the soup into a blender and process to desired consistency.
- Return to the saucepan and heat through.
- Serve hot.
I loved it, my hubby loved it, even my 10-year old loved it! I doubled the recipe (didn't know what else to do with half a squash - makes great leftovers) and put everything in a big roasting pan. I only roasted the veggies for about 30 minutes, as they were tender and starting to darken. I think I would call this a bisque as it was pretty thick - its a beautiful orange color and the rosemary sprigs give it excellent flavor. I will be making this again!