Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
Yet another roasted potato recipe, I know! I love potatoes, so I am always looking for another way to prepare them. This one is a little different and tastes amazing. This recipe is easily doubled for a large group of people. It can also be prepared ahead of time, just cover and refrigerate, then reheat in a 400ºF oven for 6-9 min, stirring occasionally. **If using dried herbs, only use 1 tsp.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar (white if you can find it)
- 1⁄8 cup shallot, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, chopped
- 3 lbs red potatoes, medium sized and each cut into 8 wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Oil a large baking sheet.
- Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, shallots, thyme, rosemary, and fennel seeds together in a large bowl.
- Add the potatoes.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes to the prepared sheet, spreading in a single layer.
- Reserve oil mixture in the bowl.
- Roast the potatoes until tender and golden, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour.
- Return potatoes to reserved oil mixture in bowl and toss again. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead; cover and refrigerate. Transfer to a baking sheet and rewarm in a 400ºF oven about 6-9 min, stirring occasionally).
- Transfer to a bowl, garnish with some fresh herbs and serve.