Recipe by Zabrina Graves
This is a beautiful red pureed soup that we make at my work. It is Full of flavor and great for a cold day.
Top Review by LilPinkieJ
This is an excellent soup. The instructions aren't all that great, but it seems to be one of those simple soups that you just throw together. I added some chopped celery because I like it. I scaled this back to 2 gallons and have 1 gallon in the freezer for later. I let it simmer for a long time on the stove, which filled the house with a nice aroma. Made and Reviewed for Spring PAC 2009. Thanks! :)
- 1 (5 lb) bag yellow onions, diced
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons ginger
- 1⁄4 cup garlic, minced
- 20 roasted red peppers
- 1 (6 lb) can tomatoes, fillets
- 1 gallon vegetable stock
- 1 liter vegetable stock
Directions See How It's Made
- In lagre pot sweat onions and garlic.
- Add basil, oregano, thyme, bay leaves, cumin, and ginger.
- Puree tomatoes and roasted red peppers.
- Add tomatoes, red peppers, and veggie stock to onion mixture.
- Puree soup.
- Heat to a simmer, reduce heat and add salt.