Recipe by justcallmetoni
I adopted this recipe in September 2006, selecting it because I love healthy side dishes that add flavor to the plate. the original chef commented that the recipe is from Robert Del Grande.
Top Review by Sam Shaw
We loved this recipe. Super easy and the red onions have a nice kick to them. I chose to add the red pepper flakes, the fennel seeds and the dried oregano - I believe these spices make the recipe such a success.
- 4 large red onions, peeled and quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, toss the onions with olive oil.
- Add the minced garlic, red chile flakes, fennel seeds, oregano and salt.
- Mix well to coat the onions.
- Transfer the mixture to a roasting pan just large enough to hold the onions in a single layer.
- Roast at 375F for 1 hour or until the onions are nicely caramelized.