Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
After you are done carving your pumpkins or using fresh pumpkin for pies, SAVE THE PUMPKIN SEEDS! They make a healthy, tasty snack and are filled with fiber as well as vitamins E and B. I experimented with different recipes and came up with my own.
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds, washed
- 4 teaspoons olive oil (melted butter works as well just more fat)
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (use whatever brand you like, I use Louisiana hot sauce and add as much as you like)
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Place the seeds in a bowl and add the olive oil (butter) then the seasonings.
- Mix Well.
- Spread pumpkin seeds on a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes depending on your oven. Stir half way through.
These are addicting. They were so good, I went looking for more pumpkin seeds to roast (I ran out of pumpkins and didn't want to carve another one). I actually crave them. Thank you so much for this great twist on roasted pumpkin seeds.