Recipe by Rhiannon and Matt
This delicious looking recipe comes from Australian food-stylist and author Donna Hay. There was no mention of when to add the 2nd half of the oil, so I assume it goes in with the onion, but do what you feel is right.
- 2 cups quinoa or 400 g quinoa
- 1 kg Japanese pumpkin, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar or 60 ml white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1⁄3 cup coriander leaves, chopped (cilantro)
- 1 (400 g) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- marinated feta, crumbled, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the quinoa in a saucepan with 3 cups (750ml) water for 15 minutes. Place the saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed, then set aside.
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Place the pumpkin and half the oil on a baking tray and toss to coat.
- Roast for 10 minutes then add the onion and roast for a further 10–15 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Mix together the vinegar, sugar, coriander, chickpeas and quinoa.
- Top with pumpkin, onion and feta and serve.