1 hr 5 mins
Rhiannon and Matt's Note:
This delicious looking recipe comes from Australian food-stylist and author Donna Hay. There was no mention of when to add the 2nd half of the oil, so I assume it goes in with the onion, but do what you feel is right.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups quinoa or 400 g quinoa
- 1 kg Japanese pumpkin, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar or 60 ml white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves, chopped (cilantro)
- 1 (400 g) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- marinated feta, crumbled, to serve
- 1Soak the quinoa in a saucepan with 3 cups (750ml) water for 15 minutes. Place the saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil.
- 2Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed, then set aside.
- 3Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- 4Place the pumpkin and half the oil on a baking tray and toss to coat.
- 5Roast for 10 minutes then add the onion and roast for a further 10–15 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- 6Mix together the vinegar, sugar, coriander, chickpeas and quinoa.
- 7Top with pumpkin, onion and feta and serve.
Browse Our Top Pumpkin Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pumpkin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Pumpkin, Feta and Quinoa Salad
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.9
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 305.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 17.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar