Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love all potatoes. I haven't tried this recipe yet but it sounds awesome.
- 3 lbs baking potatoes (peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock or 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the potatoes in a single layer in a 13-X-9-inch baking dish and pour the oil over them. Add the garlic, dried oregano, salt and pepper to taste and toss well to coat with the oil.
- Bake the potatoes for 15 minutes.
- Add the stock, toss and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Add the lemon juice, toss and bake for 10 to 15 minutes more, or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- If you like, preheat the broiler and broil the potatoes for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with the fresh oregano and serve at once.