1/3 Photos of Roasted Potatoes With Bacon, Cheese, and Parsley
1 hr 15 mins
Ohhh are these good. I made them a couple of days ago and loved them. From Nov 07 Bon Appetit. Prep includes cooking potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F with rack in lowest position.
- 2Generously cover potatoes with cold water in a 4-quart pot and add 1 tablespoon salt. Bring to a boil, then simmer, partially covered, until potatoes are just tender when pierced with a small sharp knife, about 12 minutes. Drain. Cool potatoes to warm, then peel and cut in half crosswise.
- 3Cook bacon in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring, until cooked through but still flexible. Drain on paper towels, reserving fat in skillet.
- 4Brush bottom of a 15- by 10-inch shallow baking pan with oil and half of reserved bacon fat. Sprinkle potatoes with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and arrange, cut sides down, in baking pan. Bake until undersides are golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
- 5Reduce oven temperature to 375ºF. Turn potatoes over, then sprinkle with cheese, bacon, and garlic and drizzle with remaining bacon fat (if fat congeals, reheat briefly over medium heat). Bake until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
- 6Cook's notes:
- 7• Potatoes can be boiled and peeled 1 day ahead and chilled in an airtight container.
- 8• Potatoes, without cheese, bacon, garlic, and bacon fat, can be baked 6 hours ahead and kept, loosely covered, at room temperature. Turn potatoes over and proceed with recipe, baking a little longer. If baking at same time as stuffing, leave oven temperature at 425°F.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Potatoes With Bacon, Cheese, and Parsley
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.8
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 18.0 mg
- Sodium 269.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 7.6 g