Prep 18 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love fingerling potatoes and this is a great way to jazz them up. From Cooking Light Magazine.
- 2 lbs fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups arugula leaves, packed (about 1 1/2 oz)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pistachios
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- Place a jelly-roll pan in oven and preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine potatoes and 1 tablespoons oil in a medium bowl; toss well. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on preheated pan. Sprinkle potatoes with 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoons pepper. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes; toss potatoes. Bake an additional 25 minutes or until tender, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining 3 tablespoons oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoons salt, 1/8 teaspoons pepper, arugula leaves, parmesan cheese, pistachios, 2 teaspoons water, lemon juice and garlic in a food processor; process until smooth. Combine arugula mixture and hot potatoes in a medium bowl; toss well.
I made a small batch of these (but wish I hadn't ;) ) and what a delicious recipe! Luckily I was able to use arugula and fingerlings both from our CSA box and a few "One Bite" potatoes in blue, red and yellow. I've made many variations of pesto but this one with arugula was different and we LOVED it! Plus-arugula is my favorite green which made it even better! I also do very little oven cooking this time of year but it was well worth it in my opinion. Prepared and reviewed for the FYC tag game.
These were really, really good. I almost didn't want eat them, they were so good. I wanted to share, but ultimately ate them myself. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag.