Recipe by DailyInspiration
I love fingerling potatoes and this is a great way to jazz them up. From Cooking Light Magazine.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
I made a small batch of these (but wish I hadn't ;) ) and what a delicious recipe! Luckily I was able to use arugula and fingerlings both from our CSA box and a few "One Bite" potatoes in blue, red and yellow. I've made many variations of pesto but this one with arugula was different and we LOVED it! Plus-arugula is my favorite green which made it even better! I also do very little oven cooking this time of year but it was well worth it in my opinion. Prepared and reviewed for the FYC tag game.
- 2 lbs fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups arugula leaves, packed (about 1 1/2 oz)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pistachios
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a jelly-roll pan in oven and preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine potatoes and 1 tablespoons oil in a medium bowl; toss well. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on preheated pan. Sprinkle potatoes with 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoons pepper. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes; toss potatoes. Bake an additional 25 minutes or until tender, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining 3 tablespoons oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoons salt, 1/8 teaspoons pepper, arugula leaves, parmesan cheese, pistachios, 2 teaspoons water, lemon juice and garlic in a food processor; process until smooth. Combine arugula mixture and hot potatoes in a medium bowl; toss well.