Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A South Beach Diet cookbook recipe, this can be used for phase 1 or 2.
Make and share this Roasted Portobello Salad With Blue Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar (or balsamic)
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- salt and pepper
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 portabella mushrooms, stems trimmed (1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 heads endive, sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick (about 4 cups)
- 8 ounces mesclun (about 10 cups) or 8 ounces mixed salad greens (about 10 cups)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 450*F. In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Slowly add olive oil, whisking to emulsify. Set aside 1/2 cup dressing to toss with the greens.
- Place the mushrooms, stem side up, on a baking sheet. Coat both sides with some of the remaining dressing. Roast mushrooms, brushing with more dressing every five minutes, until they are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Toss the endive, mesclun (or mixed greens), onion, and cheese with the reserved dressing, and divide among 4 salad bowls. Cut portobellos 1/2 inch thick, and arrange a few slices over each serving.
This is a nice change from ordinary salads. My first experience with using endive, and it was very well recieved! I used a package of baby field greens, and Vidalia onion, since it's in season here & we can't get enough! I also used garlic-infused olive oil. Beautiful presentaion, and very elegant!