A South Beach Diet cookbook recipe, this can be used for phase 1 or 2.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar (or balsamic)
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 4 portabella mushrooms, stems trimmed (1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 heads endive, sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick (about 4 cups)
- 8 ounces mesclun (about 10 cups) or 8 ounces mixed salad greens (about 10 cups)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 450*F. In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Slowly add olive oil, whisking to emulsify. Set aside 1/2 cup dressing to toss with the greens.
- 2Place the mushrooms, stem side up, on a baking sheet. Coat both sides with some of the remaining dressing. Roast mushrooms, brushing with more dressing every five minutes, until they are tender, about 15 minutes.
- 3Toss the endive, mesclun (or mixed greens), onion, and cheese with the reserved dressing, and divide among 4 salad bowls. Cut portobellos 1/2 inch thick, and arrange a few slices over each serving.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Portobello Salad With Blue Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (587 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.0
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 486.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: